Thursday, October 11, 2007

Big Pharma 411 Off to the Races!

QUESTION:

What do J&J (NYSE: JNJ), Pfizer (NYSE: PFE), GlaxoSmithKline (NYSE: GSK), Novartis (NYSE: NVS), Sanofi-Aventis (NYSE: SNY), Merck (NYSE: MRK), Abbott Labs (NYSE: ABT), AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN), Eli Lilly (NYSE: LLY) and Wyeth (NYSE: WYE) have in common?

ANSWER:

They are the ten biggest of big pharma with a combined market cap of approximately 1.17 trillion, with a capital T, dollars!

So as I have stated in the description box, this blog has been architected for selfish purposes. That is, I do a lot of work in the early-stage biotech realm, and you can keep up with that portion of my life here at Colorado Life Science Deal Flow however, my knowledge-base of which big pharma is leader in what particular drug class(es) and technology(ies) is deficient and thus I intend to address that deficiency here by:

  1. Breaking down each entity by products and pipeline, and
  2. Then keep up with news and milestones

I will maintain all of my notes here and plan to create a smart indexing process that will allow me, and obviously anyone else who finds their way here, to search this aggregated content by Company, by Indication and by Technology. Feel free to pepper me with your big pharma of choice for inclusion here. Naturally, I welcome any and all suggestions. And here we go…

No comments: